Wednesday 30 June 2010

papa panov

Hey dudes, I made a monster of my dad, lookit:



It's his Father's Day gift, bit late like, but the inspiration came to me in a flash at work and I HAD to make it. His original gift was a text message.



But! That's not the best bit, right. I have recently been adorning my monsters with accessories. It's fun for me because I get to make various crocheted things which are bit different from your standard common-or-garden monster. And it's fun for the monster-recipients, because they get to see just what object their friend thinks best describes their personality. Or not fun, I dunno. If someone asked me to crochet a butchered cat or a copy of Mein Kampf or something, I might wonder if they needed to re-evaluate their friendship.

But I digress. My dad doesn't have any murderous hobbies I don't think, but what he does like is playing the BANJO.

Yes.



Yes! I REALLY had a good time making this. If any other musicians want monsters making, I would absolutely love it. I think this accessories thing is GOOD.

So here he is:



'Get along home, home Cindy, get along home...'

I'm going to give it to him tomorrow, and I predict that he will be bewildered as to why I bothered, and then one of the cats will chew it.

Happy belated Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment