Tuesday 1 June 2010

Another day, no dollars

Hey hey children. Just popping in to tell you that I am still bumbling along, monstering, working, toiling away. Sigh. I got ANOTHER new job the other day. Earlier this year it occurred to me that this year is the tenth year since I moved out of home, and I worked out that in that time, I had had something like fourteen jobs, seventeen different addresses and 683 housemates. That's not quite right, but it seemed pretty high to me. Anyway then some of my friends joined in the fun and their numbers were quite comparable. Just goes to show how unstable and flighty we all are, what? Anyway that was in about January, and since then I have managed to accumulate four more jobs, thanks to the beauty of temp work. I keep getting sacked or just quitting in a fit of pique, in the case of the hospital, cos it was crud and I just wanted to make things. I am now poor.

So anyway this new job will be full time, but hopefully won't be too horrible as I'm going to be a receptionist at the Arts Council for three months. Oooh! Snazzy! I will probably moan about it here.

I was going somewhere with this but I've forgotten where. Anyway, I have a couple of weeks before I start this job so I am trying to get as much work done as I can before I haven't got time any more. I have done a few commissions, some of which I shouldn't post yet as I think they are for presents and YOU NEVER KNOW WHO'S WATCHING, but these ones are part of We Are Your Friends, sort of, so I don't think they will mind.

Here's Laura:



The glasses are a particular triumph. I sculpted them out of pipe cleaner and then wound black yarn round them. I think they look pretty awesome.

Quick side view:



Looking good there Laura.

And this is John:



Close up of beard and rocket T combo:



Now because John likes bikes, I decided it would be fairly amazing to just put a bike on his head. Like so.



Cool. So I have a few more to do, which I am kind of excited about. I'm also doing a workshop in October at Beetle Felt in Chorlton, so I need to make patterns and shit, because I normally just make stuff up as I go along, and I can't very well turn up to a workshop going, 'yeah, so just keep going until it looks reasonably symmetrical, whatever, no one will notice'. Not that I do that with my own work obviously. Er. I better go.

No comments:

Post a Comment