Wednesday 18 May 2011

'Hello. I hope you don't think I'm insane.'

Ey up, me again, just a quick one with some NEWS.

As I mentioned before, I wanted to make some monster versions of famous, or at least semi-famous, or demi-semi-famous, people I like. Just for funsies really, as a token of appreciation, if that doesn't sound too crap. I started doing it and then felt a bit like a weirdo, so I stopped again. HOWEVER. I DID make Adam and Joe monsters.



I used to watch the Adam and Joe Show when I was a young stupidhead, and tape it so I could see the fast bits. I've still got a video of it somewhere, which would be fun to watch actually because it would have 90s adverts on. I had no clue about anything when I was 15 but obviously I had SOME taste. What I'm trying to say here is that I like them, and also I feel like I've known them for years. I think everyone who likes them understands what I mean. I'm being a bit vague so perhaps not.

Anyway, the monsters. I am particularly pleased with Adam's hat. I couldn't figure out how to make a tiny sailor hat, because it's not just a flat cap, it needs to be round, with a raised front bit and a peak. I find it hard to think in three dimensions sometimes. I thought I'd just wing it, and it turned out splendidly if I may say so, and I think I may. This photo doesn't really do it justice.



I think this hat is LITERALLY one of the best things I have ever, ever made, ever. It just turned out so perfect.

Ermmm... what. Oh yes. So there I was, poised to send the monsters off to the BBC, and then I got a ticket to see Adam Buxton do BUG at the Zion Centre in Hulme. Wow! Then my friends convinced me it would be super if I took the monsters to give Adam in person. All right.

So. How laboured is this story! BUG was last night, it was fantastic, I did a lot of shrieking laughing as I am wont to do. Then I practically had a nervous breakdown because I didn't want to give the monsters in person, it's too scary, I can't I can't! If you know me, you know that is my attitude towards most things.

Anyway... skip to the end... I plucked up the courage in the end and Adam is a lovely fellow and seemed happy enough with them, and he signed some stuff:



I got this for Christmas or something when I was a young'un, apparently they go for a mint on Ebay! Cripes!

And this is my Favourite!



Hooray! I didn't want to update this last night when I got in, as I was really overexcited and I thought I might sound too demented. I'm not sure if I sound any better this morning, but I can't keep it in any longer! Ha. I have just babbled on and on about it to the security man next door who clearly didn't care at all. And I now feel like I might resume the famous monster making, so look out. Oh and also, Zoe didn't snog him, she was worried she might cause a scandal and end up on This Morning.

Yessssssssssss

No comments:

Post a Comment